CUBO Skewer Making Box
“CUBO” Skewer Making Box
Imported from ITALY!
Make 100 skewers simpler and faster than by hand.
This clever box is designed to make 100 skewers at a time and all you need is meat, bamboo skewers and a long thin knife.
Best length of bamboo skewer to use is of 25cm or 10″ long. The shortest skewer you can use is 20cm or 8″ and the longest is 30cm or 12″. Make sure that the bamboo skewer is no thicker than 3mm in diameter, or the skewer won’t go through the holes in the box. You can make skewers using any type of meat, vegetable or fruit – its up to you!
- • Stainless steel cage with knife slicing slots (2mm wide slots).
- • Hard plastic top and bottom covers with 100 hole guides for skewers. (3mm DIA holes).
- • Includes 1 stainless steel metal skewer (to help pre-skewer before bamboo is inserted) and stainless steel sheet square (to help push out skewers at the same time when lifting top off)
- • Box size approximately 16 x 16 x 16cm
- • Produces skewers on bamboo with a depth of 14 x 14mm and approximately 11cm of length.
- • Use a filleting or ham slicer to cut through. Note that the thickness of the knife should be 1mm from tip to handle so as you can slice through without jamming knife in the slots.
- • Easily transportable for picnics or parties not at home.
- • Knife and bamboo skewers are not included.
Try out the “Arrosticini” recipe – Make skewers using a boned leg of lamb. Include approximately 20% of lamb fat in between each layer. Cook directly over charcoal using a Ferraboli Satay Grill or similar grill. The fat will melt down adding flavour to the meat, sprinkle with salt and serve. Simply irresistible!
This product is imported direct from an Italian manufacturer specializing in skewer grills. All support and service managed by an Australian company dedicated to supporting this brand and promoting charcoal grilling in Australia.
Check out the video below with Vincenzo from Vincenzo’s Plate and Nick from BBQ Aroma. Try Arrosticini! – Grilling Arrosticini originated in Italy from the Abruzzo region near the Adriatic Sea.
When the charcoal is nice and hot suspend each skewer directly over and grill slowly. The smoke from the fat dripping onto the hot coals will flavour the meat. It should take between 6 to 10 minutes to cook.
The secret to perfect Arrosticini is the inclusion of lamb fat in each skewer and to serve them hot off the grill with a generous sprinkling of salt. They taste great and are addictive. Allow 20 to 30 skewers for each hungry adult.